Monday, September 29, 2008

Mmmmmm.... Wedding Cake - And a Rose!

Rose - my girlfriend from High School came by to visit today. She brought my absolute favorite thing... wedding cake!!!

I guess it's really just "cake" - - but it's the REALLY good kind of cake. Long story short, her son's grandmother (Peggy) makes fabulous cakes and was the one who made the cake for our wedding reception. I really started craving her cake around my baby shower (and every other birthday and anniversary worthy of a cake). Well, Rose surprised me with one of Peggy's cakes when she came to visit!

Unfortunately, the cake is almost gone... not good for my weight loss, I'm sure. Oh well.... it's wedding cake!! It's a good thing Peggy doesn't live near me. I'd be in some serious trouble.

It was nice to visit with Rose. It's hard to image that she and I have been friends for 17 years now. That's a LONG time - and she's been a great friend. :)

No comments: