Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nana's Rule

Some people have Grandma's and some people have Nana's. I always believed that Nana's were a little more special - especially because not everyone has a "Nana". (Ryan and Dylan both have "Grandma's" - - see.... rather common.....not that it's a bad thing.... just that it's common).

For those who know me very well - you know that my Nana and I are very close. We have been close my whole life. In the last few years - we don't see each other very much but we do talk on our cell phones very regularly. She hasn't had the tech know-how to get onto our blog, so she has not been getting the updates that most of you that read regularly have. Until she arrived on Sunday, she had not even seen a picture of Ryan. (As a great-grandmother waiting to see her great-grandson, this was killing her!)

During her time with us, she cooked, dusted, vacuumed, swept, mopped, folded laundry, cleaned bathrooms, helped me care for Ryan, stayed by my bedside in the hospital, held down the house if I needed to run an errand and simply provided me with a lot of companionship during her week here. For those of you who have had a baby - or have ever needed assistance in any way, you know valuable all of that help truly is. I am so glad to have had my Nana here this week!! We really needed that extra help!

I will be taking Nana home tomorrow, but not before I bookmark the blog onto her laptop. I will miss having her here, we had a great time (mostly at Tanner's expense). I take her back knowing I can call her if I am ever in need and she would be here!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING NANA!! You are always welcome here!
XOXOXO

1 comment:

Brandon and Erin said...

Brandon Allan here (even though Jeff doesn't even acknowledge me at work anymore, and may have forgotten who I am)! My wife would appreciate this "Nana" post. She lost her mother in 2001, and my mother is more of the grandma, so it is kinda hard on her. Anyway, since Jeff is too busy ignoring me at work, we just want to let you both know we think and talk about you both daily, and all that you have been through the past month, and still go through. Keep up the excellent work! It would be great to bring you some goodies sometime and meet the little guy. Take care.