Monday, October 6, 2008

Lots of Activities

It's only been 5 days since I last updated the blog but it seems like it's been forever!!  I know some of you check regularly and have inquired about the timing of my next post.  Sorry for the delay... sometimes life just takes over.

Let's see... where to begin:

Since we haven't had very many updates on Dylan lately, we'll start with him.  
Dylan is taking a forensics class this year.  As part of extra credit, Dylan signed up to do a ride-along with the Glendora Police Department.  From 5:30 to 9:30p last Wednesday (10/1), Dylan got to ride in (the front seat of) a police car and participated in a traffic stop, a child services call, and a drug bust.  Dylan was really excited about his ride-along and has mentioned wanting to become a police officer after his experience.  You'll have to ask Dylan about his ride.  He really likes telling the story of his night.

Also on Wednesday:  Jamey Skurtovich (our friend from Atlanta) came over for dinner and met Ryan.  It was so nice to see Jamey.  We really like the Skurtovich's (Jill, Jamey & JT).  It's too bad we live so far apart!  

My great-uncle Jim and aunt Ann came over on Saturday.  It was their first time at our house and their first time meeting Ryan.  They brought my Nana (his sister) with them.  We visited for a couple hours in the morning.  Uncle Jim is so great with kids!  It was exciting to see him interact with Ryan.  

Jeff attended his 20 year class reunion at the Aquarium of the Pacific on Saturday evening.  He really had a great time.  I didn't go.  I wasn't ready to leave Ryan yet - - and besides... my hair hasn't been cut or colored in 12 weeks.  I wasn't going anywhere with roots that are grey and 3 inches long !!!  As I told Jeff, "I had a date with a cuter man"  (Ryan). 

Jeff had already put in several hours of work on Thursday and Friday at our rental property. My aunt Dorothy, uncle Jim (not the same one who was over on Saturday) and cousin Jenni met us at our rental Sunday morning to help us knock out the remaining projects.  Little did we know that it would take five of us to paint for 10 hours and one (Dylan) to do yard work and pick up trash.  
 -We're still not done!!  
I just about died.  I know my uncle Jim was hurting bad... I wasn't too far behind him.  I know I suffered all day today with terrible back pain.  We still need to finish painting trim and doors (the trim seems to be taking 4 coats of paint!) and we still need to do minor repairs.  I can't wait to get these projects off our "to-do" list!

Ryan continues to melt my heart.  He's growing so quickly.  It seems as though we adjust the straps in his car seat on a weekly basis!  He no longer fits into his newborn clothing (he's moved on to his 3-6 month outfits now and he's only 6 weeks old).  His hair continues to lighten up and his cheeks have pudged out!   Developmentally, Ryan has really started to make vocal sounds, he is smiling and he recognizes Jeff's and my voice.  He spends a little bit of time each day on his activity center (see video, turn ON sound)- but mostly enjoys looking at ceiling lights and windows.  He is sleeping better during the day which gives me a little bit of time to get caught up on things (like this blog) - - or to take a quick nap.

No comments: