Sunday, October 19, 2008

100s Weekend

We spent the weekend in Johnson Valley with Dylan's motorcycle club. Next weekend is the 41st annual National Hare & Hound race that the club is hosting. Jeff, Dylan and Dylan's friend Nick were out this weekend helping to set up the 110 mile course by tying ribbon, moving boulders, hammering stakes in the ground, etc.

This was Ryan's first time in the motor home and his first time away from home. Overall, I think he did good. There was little room to go when he was fussing and it made it difficult on him an I to quickly find comfort. It was a new environment and we had to figure out where Ryan would sleep (bunkbed vs our bed). The bunkbed was okay - -but he pushes himself out of his "nest" (a sleeping contraption that keeps him slightly propped up and in one place... but really meant to be used when sharing a bed with the parents) I get too worried about him - - but when I put him in bed with us, I can't sleep because I'm curled up into a little ball and my head is kinked.

I got to use the jogger stroller to walk him around in. It worked really well. He seemed to enjoy it. Ryan spent most of the time in his open-top portable swing. He is very comfortable in it. It's what gave me most of my freedom over the weekend. Thank god for that swing! Overall, we just didn't have the comforts (and space) of home. Being in the motorhome was really like being confined to our kitchen!

I was hoping to have some pictures to share of Ryan, but I didn't have much spare time outside of trying to keep him occupied.

Since this weekend was a little overwhelming for me and Ryan, I think that we may elect to stay home next weekend. I need to really think about it. Next weekend will be chaotic for the club - and I anticipate that the days and nights will be very long. We'll probably be best accomodated at home.

All-in-all, the boys really put in a lot of time and hard labor this weekend. I'm sure that they're glad to be home. They are both complaining of sore muscles, so I can only imagine what the next couple of days will be for them! I think all of us will have a hard time getting up tomorrow morning.

Sometimes I don't know how we all keep it together. Jeff works full time, Dylan has a zero-period start (giving him an extra period each day), we always have projects going -- oh, and did I mention I go back to work tomorrow? I get to go from a screaming baby to screaming clients. I can't wait!

Not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you going back to work. I am a little anxious to go back after our baby, but I know it'll work out. Sounds like you are adjusting quite well to having Ryan around, I only hope we will do so well. :) Sorry we haven't kept in better touch lately, things are just crazy around here. Only 7 weeks (give or take)to go! Yeah! I start my bi-weekly appointments today and then it's on to weekly. I CAN'T WAIT! Hang in there, things will settle down. Talk to you soon.