Monday, December 1, 2008

Granite is Installed

Our granite counter tops went in today. The granite looks great! The Ogee edges really add elegance to the kitchen.

It's amazing, though, that colors can change. The cast iron sink - which I believed to be a perfect color match to the cabinets - looks "pink" under the granite. How does this happen?!!! I'm a little freaked out about it - - and I hope that the fix is as easy as changing the light above the sink and perhaps even the wall color. The sink is permanently set - there's no going back.

I am thinking twice now about the flooring. I'm afraid that it is not the right color to go with the granite we selected. I'd rather return every box we have BEFORE installation than to hate it all once it's in. I know for sure that the backsplash I wanted will not work... it's the same color as the sink - - and I don't want a "pink" (biscuit) backsplash!

Ugh, why does this have to be so hard?!! Does anyone know an interior designer that can help me through this color mess?? (For free, of course)


No comments: