Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Boring Kitchen Update




I know... you thought you'd sign in to see if there were new pictures of Ryan.

SORRY.

Instead, you get to see the seemingly little progress that has been made in the kitchen. Since I am still undecided in backsplash and floor tile, we made a lot of progress in getting things in our home back in order.

Jeff hauled all of the construction trash to the dump, we washed all of the dishes that have been out in our entry way and put them away in their new cabinet space. The twelve layers of dust were all wiped off the living furniture. The countertop trinkets were all wiped down and put into place. Slowly our kitchen is evolving and taking shape.

I made a trip on both Saturday and Sunday to the tile store in Anaheim with hopes to make a final decision. I think I have decided on a tumbled travertine tile for the backsplash, but I am not decided on flooring. Hopefully I can decide on something this week

Then we'll move on to wiping the 12 layers of dust from every wall in the house!! I'm glad that this was the biggest contruction project that this house will probably ever see! I can't imagine having to go through this mess again.

I will say, though, that I am very happy that we decided to put in the instant-hot system. It has been great for Ryan's bottles. It's a nice little luxury.

Jeff already has many projects lined up to take the place of our kitchen work. Will we ever get a break?

We're sooooooo close. It kind of reminds me of those final days before Ryan was born. You knew the end was near... but it couldn't have come any slower!
- Tile
- Finish Island (custom pieces and drawer fronts
- Get glass for corner cabinets
- Install lighting above desk and in cabinets
- Install can light in pantry area
- Touch up paint the ceiling
- Re-paint kitchen

No comments: