Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Wait Is Over...






Friends, family and loved ones:

It was a long day that started before 5:00 a.m. at home getting ready to go to the hospital. After spending 20 hours there, I left Melissa to rest and my first task was to post this before I crashed.

At 2:15 p.m. on August 20, 2008, Ryan Jeffrey Norton took a breath and let out a cry. He clicked the scale at 8 lbs, 5 oz and was 21 inches long. 10 toes, 10 fingers, etc etc etc. Mom and baby are doing just fine. Big Brother Dylan, Grandma Norton, the Taylor family and Uncle Vinci came to visit. 

I'll let Melissa give the full details of her day in a later post. 

For me...it had to be one of the most amazing days of my life. I owe Melissa so much for giving me this child.

Here are just a few pictures. If you click on the photo, it will open "full size."

Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

Jeff



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! We are so happy for your family. All day yesterday we kept looking at the clock and saying "I wonder if she's had the baby yet." Glad to hear all is well and you are fine. Hope to hear from you as soon as you feel up to it! Congratulations to the Nortons!
The Tansleys

Anonymous said...

Ryan is such a beautiful baby! I mean, he is really cute! He doesn't look like some babies, where we have to say he is cute, when he really looks like a troll. We are so happy for you and I can't wait to hear Melissa's version of the day.
Jill, Jamey and JT

Blatantly Unoriginal said...

Congratulations on your blessings..

he is a beautiful boy~

The Mandevilles