Thursday, August 28, 2008

TARANTULA!!!

Look what was on our doorstep when we got home tonight!!
I HATE SPIDERS!
Who knew that we were in tarantula territory????

Jeff bravely boxed him up (I am assuming this creepy fellow is a "boy") and moved him off our front porch.

As creeped out as I am of spiders, I suggested that he squash it with a shovel - but he thought it would be best to just move it to a new home.

As a secondary option, I suggested flinging it viciously into the neighbors yard - hoping that it would die upon impact with the house or maybe even just from the trauma of being hurled across the street - but he decided against my suggestions and put it gently into the planter between our two homes.

It's a lucky day for the tarantula. However, I can not stop thinking about where this spider will end up. It is still out there... Yikes!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay that would have freaked me out too!!!! But according to forklore, spiders bring good luck!!! http://www.csicop.org/superstition/library/spider.html

Anonymous said...

Folklore... not forklore. :)