Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dylan's First Accident



The phone call that no parent wants to get. "I've been in an accident"
- I actually missed the call. All 8 of them.

I was in my 3rd day of Jury Duty in Pomona. The Judge released us on a 15 minute break at 3:00. I scrolled through my emails, missed calls - and saw that I had a text message from Jeff. It read, "Dylan's been in an accident. Call me."

I didn't know WHO to call first. I called Jeff (he's in Vegas). After I got the initial information (that Dylan is okay), I called Dylan. Dylan explained to me what happened. He was going to his friend Malory's house. It was raining. He was looking at his iPod, he hit the brakes, went into a skid, and wrecked.

Basically, once Dylan hit the brakes he hydroplaned. As he steered left, the car flew right. He went up a driveway approachment - bounced off a brick pillar and landed the car on it's left side - shattering the driver and passenger side windows and breaking the rear left tire off of the car. He unbuckled himself and climbed out the passenger side of the car and called 9-1-1.

As the images of this accident replay in my mind, I am so amazed that Dylan handled this all on his own. What a traumatizing event.

Dylan is not injured. No one was with Dylan. Dylan didn't hit anyone. He was not involved in an accident with another vehicle. There is some property damage to the brick pillar and the car is totaled.

Wow, right?
So now we wait to see what State Farm has to say. In the meantime, Dylan is back in the Suburban.

No comments: